Balqon Corporation (OTCBB:BLQN) is a leading developer and manufacturer of Zero Emission Heavy-duty electric trucks, lithium battery packs and Electric Vehicle Drive Systems. Balqon vehicle products include yard tractors used at warehouses and ports and on-road zero emission short haul drayage and inner city applications.
One of the first companies to develop Class 8 battery powered zero emission vehicles in the world; Balqon is a developer and manufacturer of proprietary electric drive systems for electric trucks, tractors, buses and utility vehicles. The Company’s proprietary technologies also include lithium battery management systems and energy storage products for utilities, solar and wind power generation applications.
- 2005 Founded in Orange County, California
- 2007 Received contract from the Port of Los Angeles to develop the world’s first zero emission electric tractor which is able to transport loads up to 30 tons.
- 2008 Acquired EMS, a leading developer of AC inverters expanding product line to include 20kw to 240kw electric drive systems.
- 2008 Listed on OTC (BLQN.OB)
- 2009 Incorporated Lithium Iron Phosphate technology increasing vehicle range across all product platforms.
- 2010 released proprietary Battery Management System (BMS) for lithium batteries.
- 2010 Demonstrated world’s first 45 foot all electric zero emission Recreational Vehicle.
- 2010 Signed exclusive Battery Distribution Agreement for North America with Winston Battery Company, a leading manufacturer of the lithium iron phosphate rare earth battery.
- 2011 Received order for 300 electric drive systems from Winston Global Energy, a China based Company.
Current product line includes electric trucks, tractors, drive systems and energy storage products for the following applications:
- Marine Terminals
- On-Highway trucks and buses
- UPS Backup systems
- Energy Storage – Wind, Solar, Geothermal